Monday, March 17, 2014

So What have I been up to


Hi to all my friends,  Yes, I am still alive.
We got more bad news this week about our
Internet service.  Yet another company has
told us that they do not service our area.
 
Yep, it is true.  Why you ask?
Too many trees.  Too many trees.
 
Well I love my trees so I guess we will
have to continue to look.
 
So what have I been up to?  Well my job at
the Salt Lake City International Airport
has turned out to be the funnest job ever.
 
See that cute girl up there.  She is one of the
many children that I get to visit with every time
I go.  Seems that travelers really need a furry
fella like me to cuddle with while they wait
for their planes.   Man I have it rough.....
 
 
Reading at the school with the kids is going well too.
I have to spend a lot of time helping some of them
sound out the words, but on the flip side, most of
them pick really cool books to read to me and I am
learning a ton of new stuff each week.
 
 
Last week at the hospital was kinda rough on my body.
I met this young man who My Vickie said
had downs syndrome.  He was so happy to see me.
I got up on the bed with him and he grabbed me and
hugged me and giggled.  His right arm was all bandaged
up with IV's and stuff going into it.  I made sure that
I sat on his left side.
 
After a bit of making friends, he got tired and we both lay
down to have a nap.  (again I made sure to be on his left
side not near his hurt arm)  After a few minutes we were both
deep in sleepy land.  Or at least I was deep in sleepy land.
 
All of a sudden the young man
"Punched me as hard as he could"
which wasn't really hard but it did kind
of startle me out of sleep.
 
My Vickie said that while we were sleeping, his right arm
started to hurt him pretty bad and his reaction was to hit me.
 
I know he didn't mean it, but My Vickie said
that she needed to be more watchful
so it didn't happen again.
She never wants me to be hurt.

 A little bit later we were in another room with another
young man.  His hands were tied to the side of his bed.
His 20 year oldbbody was all misshapen, his mind
was that of a beautiful child and he had the most
beautiful smile you will ever see on a human being.
 
I just had to go into his room because of that smile.
Even though he was tied to his bed (for his own safety)
he was the happiest guy ever.  Oh I cannot tell you
how he would light up the room when he smiled.
 
Really, it was so magnificent.
Anyway, I went and sat by him, close to his hand so
he could feel my fur and we could become pals.
 
 
See how my eyes are looking in the picture above.
That is how I look when My Vickie holds my ears back
and pulls my head up so someone can take the ball and
throw it for me.  I may not have thumbs but boy I can
hang onto a ball.  This is the only way to get it away from me.
 
Well, My Vickie is visiting with the boys mother and father
when she looks over to see how I am doing and that was
the look she saw on my face.  My friend (The boy) wanted
me to get in bed with him so he had grabbed my face
pushed it into the bed and was trying,
with one hand, to pull me up by my head.  
 
No he wasn't hurting me, not too much, he just wanted me
to join him, only I was supposed to stay at his side and not
get on the bed so I was holding my ground and he was
pulling.  It was a weird sensation and I guess I looked
pretty funny too.
 
But don't worry.  My Vickie helped me immediately and
with a little time, I was free of my friends grasp and waving
goodbye to him from the door.
 
And he smiled for me as I left.  That beautiful wondrous
smile of purity, love and joy.
 
 
So now I am exhausted but looking forward
to a well deserved rest.  Then it starts
all over again.  Life is so good.
 
 

27 comments:

  1. You and your mom are a hard working wonderful team. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your Vickie are such a blessing, Bert ♥

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your Mommy bring so much joy to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bert we are SO sorry that the intermutts guyz don't seem to be able to get Service to you. We TRULY miss your wonderful work with peeps of all types who Need You.
    You really do make their lives MUCH Better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bert, you are our hero! And so calm under pressure! Good work!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bert,

    You bring so much joy into the childrens lives, it just melts my heart.
    I wish there were more like you!

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bert, dear friend, we are always amazed at the patience you have. We love hearing from you whenever you can.
    Love
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good to go to visit those children. And you are even better to endure what you have to. In their own way, they are trying to love you, Bert. We do too.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bert, you have some cool jobs spreading Golden love to children! You are one big heart warming fellow.
    Has Vickie looked into wifi connection like Verizon has? We were full time RVers and some places didn't have Internet connection, so we used our Air card into a router since we had Verizon cell phones . Both of us could use our laptops at the same time. North Dakota was the only state we had the least signal. Even used it in Alaska.
    Hugs, Kathy and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bert, you have a wonderful job. To bring joy to bipeds it's sometimes not easy but very very important. 87 hugs to you and your mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh Bert, your heart is as deep as the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such an amazing job, Bert. We're awed all over again with each post we read!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    PS: We think that "trees" is a ridiculous excuse for not providing Internet services!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to see you Sunday Bert. Yes, you do know the secret thingy Michelle gave me but I have not tried it yet. Mom says maybe Wednesday. She has high hopes for me as I am obsessed and focused. If all goes according to plan, I will let you know and then the master may become the student. . . . hee . . . hee . . .

    Your Pals,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Bert <3 Good to see a post from you. LOVE your photos and for sure you make many kids SMILE :-) Sending you Lots of Golden LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Howdy dear Bert and your Vickie. Wowza and yaahoo we love you and all the work you do to help people in need. You are an inspiration mates. Take care and we hope somehow you can get the internet working! No worries, and LOVE, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bert! Yous does such a wonderful job!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is a busy life you have Bert...but bringing so many smiles makes it all worth it

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful photos! You're a busy man, Bert, but you have a great job! I'm glad to hear that you are fine

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sure is a well-deserved rest. You do so many amazing things, Bert. You are a saint in fur... and you light up the world with all your love. Thanks for this post.

    The photos are spectacular! Your Vickie did a good job with those!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds a bit scary for you Bert. Glad your Vickie had your back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bert,
    You have been working so hard. I love reading about your adventures. You sure are a patient guy and I suppose that's why you're good at your job. Sorry about the interwebs not going to your house, but I'll bet it's worth it to live in such a pretty place.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Bert! My Angel Brother Pip told me all about your wonderful work. What a hero you are! My assistant hopes to start me in training this summer to be a therapy dog. I am very gentle with children.

    Ruby (and Angel Pip)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Y'all!

    Bert we are so sorry to hear about your Internet service, or lack thereof. We miss you but look forward to seeing your adventures with Goose and friends. You really do have a very busy life!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for blogging to share this great blog for me to find out.
    បាការ៉ាត់

    ReplyDelete