Friday, June 14, 2013

See Beautiful - Most Beautiful Heart

Welcome to the one year anniversary
of the "See Beautiful" Friday Posts.
 
Although Bert and I have not been
able to post much in the last while,
it is this post that we will always try
to do because of the love that comes with it.
 
Please check out the other "See Beautiful"
Posts from our friends in the blog hop.
You will find much beauty to add
to an already beautiful day.
 
Plus this week our friend and host
SUGAR is having a Giveaway
that I am sure you will not want to miss.
 
Now join me if you have a few minutes
for a "See Beautiful Story"
with a touch of Alaska background
 
 
One day a young man was standing in the middle
of the town proclaiming that he had the most
beautiful heart in the whole valley. A large
crowd gathered and they all admired his heart
for it was perfect.
There was not a mark or a flaw in it.
Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most
beautiful heart they had ever seen.
The young man was very proud and boasted
more loudly about his beautiful heart.
 


Suddenly, an old man appeared at the front of
the crowd and said, "Why your heart is not
nearly as beautiful as mine."

The crowd and the young man looked at the
old man's heart. It was beating strongly,
but full of scars, it had places where pieces
had been removed and other pieces put in, but
they didn't fit quite right and there were
several jagged edges. In fact, in some places
there were deep gouges where whole pieces
were missing.
 
The people stared -- how can he say his heart
is more beautiful, they thought?
The young man looked at the old man's heart
and saw its state and laughed.

"You must be joking," he said.
"Compare your heart with mine, mine is perfect
and yours is a mess of scars and tears."


"Yes," said the old man, "Yours is perfect
looking but I would never trade with you.
You see, every scar represents a person to
whom I have given my love - I tear out a piece
of my heart and give it to them, and often
they give me a piece of their heart which fits
into the empty place in my heart, but because
the pieces aren't exact, I have some rough edges,
which I cherish, because they remind me of the
love we shared. "Sometimes I have

given pieces of my heart
away, and the other person hasn't returned
a piece of his heart to me. These are the
empty gouges -- giving love is taking a chance.

Although these gouges are painful, they stay open,
reminding me of the love I have for these people too,
and I hope someday they may return and

fill the space I have waiting.
So now do you see what true beauty is?"



 
The young man stood silently with tears running
down his cheeks. He walked up to the old man,
reached into his perfect young and beautiful heart,
and ripped a piece out. He offered it to the old
man with trembling hands

 

The old man took his offering, placed it in his heart
and then took a piece from his old scarred heart and
placed it in the wound in the young man's heart.
It fit, but not perfectly, as there were some jagged edges.
The young man looked at his heart, not perfect
anymore but more beautiful than ever,
since love from the old man's heart flowed into his.
They embraced and walked away side by side.

  

 OK, this last one is from Utah
but isn't it beautiful?

 


From Sugar the Golden Retriever: "{This Moment} See Beautiful is a once a month Blog Hop,every 2nd Friday of the month. Simply create a blog post that made your day,week, and/or month … inspiring you in Seeing Beauty.Blog Hop inspired by See Beautiful." Please be respectful of this blog hop. Only add your blog if your post is related to {This Moment} See Beautiful 6/14/13 {This Moment} See Beautiful Blog 1st Anniversary Hop

30 comments:

  1. That is truly a beautiful story filled with much truth.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post filled with beauty!

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a lot to see that is beautiful in our world if only we take the time to look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures fit the story so BEAUTIFULLY!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very beautiful story Bert. Thank you for sharing it with us today.
    xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story, with some incredible images to go with it! Mom has always wanted to visit Alaska, but so far hasn't been lucky enough to go. I bet it was quite an adventure! Thanks for sharing your beauty with us!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful indeed! Wishing you a most wonderful weekend full of happiness and peace!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bert, your post made us a little leaky. A beautiful story and beautiful pictures to go with it.
    Love
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momma and I love that story! One of our favorite sayings is, "When a dog dies, it leaves a part of its heart in you. I will love as many dogs as I can so that someday my heart will be ALL dog and I will be as loving and kind as they are."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bert...OMDs you have hit a home run with This Moment, See Beautiful. Mom LOVES LOVES LOVES ALASKA. SHE HAS A short bucket list ....see Alaska was #1 on it.
    She and Dad went for their 35th anniversary in 2005....the trip surpassed her ever dream of how wonderful it would be....Mom says AWESOME is overused today...it should be reserved for describing things such as Alaska's beauty...
    thank you for your wonderful pictures and post
    hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bert those are beautiful PICTURES AND A BEAUTIFUL STORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A post about a heart to my heart - what a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing this story and the pictures with me - Have a beautiful friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos and poem. It made mom had teary eyes. Golden Thanks as always. You shared Precious Beauty. Golden glad you are part of our {This Moment} See Beautiful month hop. Lots of Golden LOVE. Happy Seeing Beauty. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible beautiful passage. Wow. It leaves so much to reflect upon, be thankful for, and love. Thank you so much, Bert, for giving us so many reasons to see beautiful over the past year. We are so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have missed your posts so much! You pictures are always so stunning, and truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing these glimpses of your world with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That really is a beautiful story. It reminded me of a story about the perfect Christmas tree and how all the trees in the forest kept their branches so perfect and unbending in hopes of being chosen to grace the Queen's castle at Christmas time. Then one tree who also had these hopes found a shivering deer and opened her branches for protection. Then it was a bird and before long she wasn't 'perfect' but the wise Queen saw what a loving thing the tree had done and so choose that beautiful, perfect tree over all the others.

    That story ran many years ago in our local paper and I do wish I could find it once again.

    Truly beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Y'all!

    Oh, the story is as beautiful as the pictures. Without love there is not beauty. Thank you for putting it into words Bert.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bert and Miss Vickie, I See Beautiful when I see you two. I love this story. Sending love your way today. Thanks for sharing-you got me in the mood for Alaska but I have to wait a month til I go.
    Hugs,
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  19. I miss you Bert! That's a lovely story, thank you for sharing it. I guess your computer woes are still with you :( Duck butts LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a beautiful story.

    XXXOOODaisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhhh, that really was just so very beautiful.

    The photos were fantastic too.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is an absolutely beautiful story. It makes me think of K and of your Jamie. Gouges... but more beautiful for having loved them.

    Your photos are fabulous. You must have adored your trip...

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a wonderful, truthful story. Your photos are a lovely accompaniment. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice story and your pictures are beautiful!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful. Can't say more than that!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Ambassadors of Love

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful story and beautiful photos to go with it. I hope I can get to know you someday Bert! I have never been by your blog but would love to stop by when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Bert, now that is truly Seeing Beautiful...
    I loves that. And I loves the pics!!!! Especially the duckie divin'!! BOL
    Thanks for sharin' that story
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful story and such beautiful pictures!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved the story! Beautiful pictures too.

    ReplyDelete